Monday 20 August 2012

Metal Gear....

As a little project I've decided to take a premise and "REBOOT" it! Yes we love that word in today's film and gaming scene! Well I'm jumping on the band wagon and taking the original "Metal Gear", and possibly "Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake", and working up some concepts based around the characters, locations and vehicles -but brought up to date! These games haven't seen any polish since their débuts on the NES and MSX systems in the 80s.

I'm looking to put my stamp on it but be wary of the technology levels and character chronologies either side of these two games (i.e.MGS3/Peacewaler and ofcourse MGS1-4 on the other side). These are just some rough concepts I've done of a much younger Solid Snake, fresh from the Green Berets joining Foxhound. Time period is mid to late 90's and the locale is Africa, tried to take into account what he is 'gearded' to do on the mission, where it is and also the insurgent method (Parachute)-so I've looked at Swat Teams, Green Berets, American Military, SAS and Paratroopers but retain a stylised cool with some nods to the more hightech that follows in the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment